Greenwood Village, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona; Los Angeles, California; Las Vegas, Nevada
The Individual is responsible for effectively communicating clients’ portfolio strategies and providing guidance on a variety of financial planning topics. Knowledge of current investment products and industry services is highly desireable. Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills. Proven track record in relationship management and customer satisfaction.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to management
- Workplace Flexibility
URL for glassdoor logo needs to be replaced.
Glassdoor logo rating needs to be replaced with client rating. The last two numbers "01" should be updated with the client company number. You can find the company number on the reviews page of the company for example TMP's url is https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/TMP-Worldwide-Reviews-E247764.htm and the company number for TMP is 247764.In addtion to 'horizontalStarRating' you can change this to 'verticalStarRating'
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech savvy
- Growth mindset
- A company that offers an experience built around you.
- We are a financial services company on a mission to Empower financial freedom for all.
- Everything we do is designed to support your career success.
- We embolden our people to continue to transcend personal and professional barriers of all kinds to further growth and do their best work.
“Working at Empower provides a true sense of accomplishment at the end of each day. I feel energized and excited by the impact we have on our clients’ financial freedom. As a retirement provider Empower takes a long-term view when it comes to associate wellness and health, which is evident in the benefits package provided and the growth opportunities available. Empower fosters a true sense of community and allows its associates to grow along with the company. I hope to never work anywhere else.”
Manager Retirement Consultation
“Transitioning into the Senior Retirement Consultant role with Empower was a very exciting experience! The collaborative atmosphere within the company provides the support and encouragement needed to be successful in the role. There are excellent resources for job and career development; associates are encouraged to take advantage of continuing education and mentorship opportunities.”
Senior Retirement Consultant
“Working at Empower, has literally given me the chance to empower myself through amazing co-workers and clients. Not only do I feel motivated everyday to do my best at Empower; I am also challenged to keep my growth as an associate and individual consistent. Empower is known for their top-tier clientele service and I am more than happy to be a part of this amazing community.”
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
What you will do
As a Financial Consultant (Retirement Consultant) you will be part of our growing Empower Personal Wealth sales team, providing support to our customers at key life moments. Our Financial Consultants provide guidance on available account options for our customer’s retirement savings goals, such as 401K and IRA products. At Empower, we believe in owning your career. New Financial Consultants will have the opportunity to promote to a Senior Financial Consultant, increasing your overall income potential. The compensation package includes a base salary plus incentive compensation, creating the opportunity to earn a generous paycheck. The incentive compensation component will be variable and tied to specific sales related goals set by Empower.
- Provide over the phone guidance at key life moments to our customer, such as starting or ending employment regarding their employer-sponsored retirement account
- Discuss available account options, such as 401K and IRAs, to align to customer’s retirement savings goals
- Educate our customers on information specific to their retirement plan, comparing options to best support their savings goals
- Focus on deepening customer’s relationship with Empower
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in sales, preferably inside sales
- Current FINRA licenses and/or ability to successfully obtain FINRA 7 & 63 registrations within corporate-established timelines and complete FINRA fingerprinting upon hire
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to learn new information quickly and independently
- Demonstrated sales, relationship management and customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills and ability to engage with customers, ask questions, share thoughts & offer solutions
What will set you apart
- Previous experience with inbound and/or phone-based sales
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and prior experience with SalesForce a plus
- Good understanding of IRAs, retirement investment products/services and the qualified retirement plan environment
- A growth mindset to meet company and team sales goals
This position can be done remotely.
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus ten paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
Base Salary Range$52,000.00 - $64,000.00
The salary range above shows the typical minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Equal opportunity employer • Drug-free workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
***For remote and hybrid positions you will be required to provide reliable high-speed internet with a wired connection as well as a place in your home to work with limited disruption. You must have reliable connectivity from an internet service provider that is fiber, cable or DSL internet. Other necessary computer equipment, will be provided. You may be required to work in the office if you do not have an adequate home work environment and the required internet connection.***
Our employees are important to us at Empower, so that is why we offer a wide array of benefits for eligible employees to help them succeed personally and professionally.
Medical, dental and vision
Comprehensive coverage including FSA and HSA options that begin on your date of hire.
Health and wellness programs
Free or low-cost wellness tools and programs to help you stay healthy.
Work toward financial freedom with a plan that also includes an employer match.
Generous maternity and paternity leave, adoption assitance and more.
Remote and hybrid options available.
Inclusivity and community impact
Affinity groups, paid volunteer time off, and generous company match of charitable donations.