Financial Customer Service ProfessionalApply Location Greenwood Village, Colorado Workplace Flexibility Remote Date posted 08/07/2023 Job ID R.0039059
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
Empower aspires to make lives better by solving the financial challenges of our changing world! At Empower, our Customer Service Representatives are the first point of contact with our customers and our goal is to provide a customer centric, low effort experience for customers with complex financial needs, one caring interaction at a time.
When you join our Participant Services Call Center team you will handle inbound calls from our customers, answer their questions, and support them in an empathetic and attentive way. At Empower, we value individual differences, and our representatives communicate effectively with people of all backgrounds.
How we set you up for success
We are focused on your success from the start. We provide robust, expert training consisting of instructor-led teaching, interactive, and web-based learning to appeal to a diverse group of learning styles. A post-training team will support you and give you the confidence you need to begin your new role.
The experience you will gain in this role is a critical steppingstone to developing a career path that can go many directions within Empower. Empower believes in owning your career within Participant Services and across the enterprise. We offer a comprehensive career growth program including coaching, personal development, and skill building.
What you will do
- Promptly answer inbound calls and engage with our customers exclusively over the phone while providing education on a wide range of employer sponsored retirement plans.
- Effectively identify the needs of our customers and offer tailored solutions that comply with plan rules and regulatory requirements.
- Accurately process transactions such as withdrawals, loans, and contribution changes.
- Enhance the participant experience by assisting our customers with website/app navigation.
- Create a positive service experience by persistently seeking resolution.
What you will bring
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience, preferably in a financial services related field.
- Associates degree or an equivalent combination of education and professional work experience.
- You must provide a professional, safe, and dedicated work-from-home environment and/or in-office environment. This role requires 100% focus and engagement.
- Availability to work 40-hour work week during hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 6am - 8pm MT. Some Saturday shifts available, 7am - 3:30pm MT. Extra time may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and solve problems independently using critical thinking skills and judgment.
- Strong active listening and verbal communication skills to support our diverse customer base.
- Ability to navigate, use and troubleshoot technology.
- Career advancement mindset and willingness to grow and learn within the organization.
What will set you apart
- Exceptional ability to communicate with customers and teammates.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, customer focused call center.
- Experience in a relevant field or strong customer service environment.
- Desire and ability to comfortably engage with customers over the phone and demonstrate empathy.
- A positive attitude and motivation to provide one caring interaction at a time.
- Ability to confidently navigate problems and find solutions independently.
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus ten paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
Base Salary Range$37,400.00 - $51,425.00
The salary range above shows the typical minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Equal opportunity employer • Drug-free workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
***For remote and hybrid positions you will be required to provide reliable high-speed internet with a wired connection as well as a place in your home to work with limited disruption. You must have reliable connectivity from an internet service provider that is fiber, cable or DSL internet. Other necessary computer equipment, will be provided. You may be required to work in the office if you do not have an adequate home work environment and the required internet connection.***